If you come to see your doctor or other health professional prepared and with realistic expectations, then you will get much more out of the 10 minute consultation. Below are some helpful pointers
- Be clear on when your symptoms first started
- Tell the doctor everything, you could be holding back vital information without realising
- If you have multiple problems, you will need to book more than one appointment. This will give your GP the time to manage and treat each condition safely
- Arrive on time for your appointment
- If you feel you would like a chaperone in your appointment, let reception know when you check in
- For Sick certificates, the first 7 days of sickness are covered with a Self Certification form which can be found here or collected from reception. After this runs out, you can request a certificate from the GP. For continuation sick notes, you can leave a message with reception. You will not necessarily need to be seen again.