Sickness Certificates

The first 7 days of sickness do not require a certificate from your GP. If your employer insists on a sickness form, complete a Self-Certification form, which can be found here

We do NOT do sick notes for suspected Coronavirus

Sick Notes do NOT need to be SIGNED. We will text them to you, as we do not want you to come to surgery to pick them up. You can print them or email them to your employer.

We are not allowed to write letters telling your employer that you should be allowed to work from home. That's your HR department's decision, based on what medical conditions you declare to them. If they don't believe you, we can write a letter confirming your medical problems for £30 in advance. We have been overwhelmed with such requests, understandably, and we cannot deal with them all.

Keep Your Details up to Date
Please do update your contact details ("Your Contact Details" box at the bottom of screen) with home & mobile & email. You will receive appointment reminders and occasional requests for information by text.


Patients are quite rightly getting more and more frustrated at not getting what they want, when they want it! Please be assured that we are your advocates and we act in your best interests. But we do have to prescribe cost-effectively, and refer for medical reasons when we can't manage your problem, not simply for your peace of mind. You will not find a GP practice these days which will oblige your every wish without discussion!


Photo ID

You may be asked for a photo for our records. This reduces problems where patients are mistaken for each other when they consult another GP within the practice. PHONE CALLS may be recorded for your protection.



Private Fees

Most of the work we do is covered by our NHS contract, but we are expected by the Government  to charge for Non-NHS work, as do dentists and other professionals,  irrespective of whether a patient is receiving benefits or not.

Below is a guide to our nationally approved fees, which need pre-payment in cash.

private certificate for work (if insisted upon by employer) £30,  including for Children with poor school attendance  who's teachers insist on it.
Insurance form (sickness claim or BUPA or travel cancellation)    £30
HGV examination   £110

Any letter required for Housing or any other association  £40
Private Prescription (for anti-malarial tabs)  £15
Gymn applications   £30
Certain Holiday Vaccinations, including HepB £40

HepB for Occupational purposes, you will need to get your vaccination from your place of employment,  as per new regulations. They will have access to an Occupational Health department which will give you appropriate  counselling according to what type of work you do.

Appeals against ESA decisions and medical evidence request for benefits
We have seen an explosion in appeals, as nearly everyone appeals. We simply have not got the time to do this extra paperwork   as we're already inundated with work.
We charge £30, and you must remember that you may not always agree with what we write as we need to be objective, even though we are on your side.
Where letters are complex, we may need to charge £60

ID card (quick signing back of photo) £25

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website